Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Public Service Announcement for My American Readers...

In keeping with being a civic minded person... and also getting seriously irritated by telemarketers and thinking that you might also, I hereby post the following PUBLIC NOTICE:

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.It takes about 20 seconds.

Happy Uninterrupted Writing,

Frances
Writing Science Fiction Romance
Real Romance in a Real Future

Addendum:

I've found out this afternoon that the part of this notice about numbers going public next month is a hoax. For that I ask your pardon. The full facts are at the FTC website: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/04/dnc.shtm

The number to call for the DO NOT CALL list is accurate. I went ahead and registered my number because I have had unwanted calls. I usually double check these notices to give the full facts. Back to writing before I get any more egg on my face. :-)

2 comments:

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing? You have a great blog here. Thank you for sharing with me.

Frances said...

Thank you Leon. I'm glad that you enjoy my blog. I see that you are a writer. Best of luck with your writing.