Saturday, July 5, 2008

BLOGGING... The Ongoing Saga

Why am I doing this? It takes a lot of time!

Well, I'll tell you. Number One: Shameless Self Promotion. Yes, I know, sad but it's true. I am an aspiring writer. This is a business. I am soon going to have a manuscript to present to agents and editors. The first question that most agents and editors will ask is, "Do you have a web site or blog?"

Agents and editors want to know: 1) what an author's writing voice is like; 2) how an author will present themselves to the public; and 3) is an author is willing to help with his/her promotion. Do you begin to see a pattern here? Agents and editors!

But who else? You. I want to put my writing and name before you. If you like what I write here, perhaps you will look forward to reading my book when it's published. If you like what I write here, perhaps you will comment on my posts, and I will have a new friend. Therefore, I work really hard at making this blog a pleasant place to visit on your web rounds.

Artistically, it must be attractive, easy to navigate, and fun. Fonts need to be large enough to be easily read by anyone. Content must be applicable, and fun. My emphasis is on the business of becoming a published author. Next, I like to post about astronomy because it is fun and plays such a large part in my Science Fiction Romance. Today, I have added a cool widget on the phases of the Moon (another fun). Also, I love my pets and my garden, so you'll just have to put up with occasional post about them because I think that they are fun. See another pattern forming? I get a serious charge out of meeting people from around the world as they stop in and enjoy this blog with me. It is even better when you comment.

Frances Writes is step number one on my Promotion Game Plan. If you are an aspiring writer, develop your own Promotion Game Plan.

Happy blogging,

Frances

Writing Science Fiction Romance

Real Love in a Real Future

4 comments:

Desirée Lee said...

The Ongoing Saga is an apt description for promoting books!

I like how you call it a "Promotion Game Plan". It makes it sound like fun and not work!

Carpe Noctem,
Des

Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com
des@desireelee.com

Frances said...

Hi Des,
Welcome to Frances Writes. I am glad that you like that I call it a game plan. I have to think positively, and it has been fun. I love your Carpe Noctern. That is great.

Heather Massey said...

Sorry to go off topic, but Frances, did you get my email? I'll resend just in case. thanks!

Frances said...

Gottem Heather. Thanks.