Sunday, April 27, 2008

When Galaxies Collide


This past week, the Hubble Telescope people released a series of absolutely amazing photographs of galaxies colliding. This was the first of the pictures that I saw, and being the whimsical person that I am, the first image that popped into my mind was that of a large dragon dodging a flaming spear. Now, take a moment and look at the picture. See! Dragons are real. Don't let anyone deceive you. You now have indisputable proof.

Ok, ok. Here's the real deal. I stole this info from the Hubble page, so if you want to check out their gallery, here is the URL:

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2008/16/image/a/

I was going to post their info on Galaxy Arp 148, but I thought that your eyes might glaze over. The important thing is that what we see in that picture happened 500 million years ago. Who says that there is no time travel?

Frances

Writing Science Fiction Romance
Real Love in a Real Future

No comments: